A blog for current and previous exchange students from PDE in Glasgow to IPD, NTNU, Trondheim to share info in a kind of knowledge base stylee thing. To post to this blog login to Blogger.com using username 'norweegies' and ditto for the password.

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Applied Modelling

Vår, IPD, 7.5 ECTS credits

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is the computer aided 3D modelling course. I was given a list of 10 or so subject areas - from solid modelling to surface modelling to structural analysis to animation to rendering to virtual reality and so on. Introductory lectures are given on each and every program applying to these areas, after which you are expected to learn from practise, talking to the teaching assistants and reading the manuals/tutorials. This works pretty well if you spread out the work. I found the course really fun and interesting - you are free to choose how you approach the deliverables and I am sure all that I learnt will be directly useful in the future. Help often came from other students on the course and there was inevitably late nights in front of computer screens near the end. Applying whatever projects you may be working on to the applied modelling course is definitely a shrewd thing and although a lot of the finished work only happens at the end, getting to know the programs from the word go makes life easier. Deliverables are in the form of computer files and the final presentation (verbal and powerpoint, or flash, or other), in which you will be expected to talk about and reason out the work behind the finished thing. Ease of learning depends greatly on the individual - I say just get stuck in.

November 1, 2004 at 11:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home